Saturday, March 15, 2008

To Do List....DONE!

I got up this morning and started getting my errands done early.  I started at 9 am and finished at 3 pm.  What a day!  

First, I had to go to Lab Corp to get a CBC done (complete blood count).  My hematologist ordered that I get one done because of my miscarriage and to see if it did anything to my platelet count.  I waited at the Clifton Lab Corp for 2 and a half hours before finally giving them my blood.  I will NEVER go there on a Saturday again.  I usually go during the week...and now I know why I do.  

Then I went to Michael's.  I didn't find what I needed so I moved on.  I was on my way to Bed Bath and Beyond when I stopped and went into Pier 1.  I got some great stuff for prizes for the Baby shower I'm helping to host.  I got 2 wine bottle racks, a bar tools set, and a shot glass set.  It's a baby shower...yet everything I got was alcohol related...LOL.  I figured since it's a co-ed shower....let me pick something up that anyone would like.  

Finally I get to Bed Bath & Beyond.  This is where I actually buy stuff for myself.  Then I drive to Toys R Us for a 2 year old birthday party I have to go to tomorrow and bought a Dora toy.  Finally, I go to Babies R Us and pick up some stuff for that same baby shower.

Now, I'm home.  I just ate lunch and am just relaxing.  Tonight I'm going to my friend Monique's accessories party which should be fun.  

While I was in Babies R Us....I was looking around and as I did....I started to look at some of the items as if I was shopping for myself (my baby).  I realized what I was doing and got back on track for why I was really there.  I also saw a little Yankee outfit and thought.....should I get that or just give them the one I got for OUR baby.  Well I decided to buy the one I saw and keep the ones I bought for our kid.  I figured we will one day use them.  Not that I know if I'll have a boy or a girl...but just in case..I would like to have both and be able to donate or give away the one we don't use.  

I truly don't know how I'm going to feel tomorrow at the birthday party.  I think I will be ok but who knows.  I kind of locked myself in my own home (except for work) for the past week and a half.  For some reason I feel ashamed.  I feel like I had no right to be pregnant...I don't know...it's such a weird feeling.  Like who was I to think...I would have a child.  That I would become a mom.  I am so embarrassed about the few things I told my SILs.  Not because I'm wrong to have said any of my plans, experiences, etc. but like....I told them so much with so much desire.....and now it's all gone.  I actually feel stupid.  It's such a weird feeling.  I can't really explain it too much.   

I just want to cry.  I'm trying to be strong and move on with my life....but it really is hard.  I mean...I was doing wonderfully!  But today all my emotions took the best of me.  Maybe it's because of all the shopping I did.  I shopped for a REAL baby and a REAL child.  Neither of which are mine.  I don't know what to say.....and I really don't know if this make any sense.  

I'm just going to keep believing that God will give us our child/ren.  I just hope the IVF is all we needed to be successful in becoming parents.  Only God knows and all I can do is trust in him and everything will be ok.  I hope!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in this situation. What I wondered was why you had to do all you've been doing as far as planning baby showers and going to 2 year old birthday parties. Given what you've been through I think it would be perfectly reasonable to decline and simply say you are not up to it. I can't imagine having to go through that and then have all that baby stuff in your face.
I hope you have a good day.